Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Some supplemental information.

I wanted to be sure to share the rest of my daily routine and any additional steps outside of the Demodex Solutions treatment that I am following to help my skin in case anyone is curious.

My daily routine:

AM 
  • Rinse with cold water
  • Apply xin fumanling cream 
  • *Wait 20 minutes*
  • Moisturize with Cerave PM (love this stuff!)
  • Makeup
PM
  • OCM with a mix of jojoba, mineral, neem, and (just a few drops) tea tree oil 
  • Cleanse with Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser
  • Pocketderm formula (4% Azelaic Acid, 1% Clindamycin, 4% Niacinamide)
  • *Wait 10 minutes*
  • Apply ZZ ointment
  • *Wait 20 minutes*
  • Moisturize with Cerave PM
  • Lock in moisturizer with a layer of aquaphor
I am continuing with my Pocketderm formula during this treatment because I did see considerable improvement after several weeks of using it. I would not recommend continuing Pocketderm while using the Demodex Solutions treatment if your formula contains tretinoin. In fact, I would definitely suggest evaluating your routine and removing any potentially irritating components. This treatment is irritating on its own and the healthier and less angry your skin is, the faster it will heal.

I do a one/twice weekly mask of raw honey and turmeric and leave it on for as long as I possibly can. It helps SO much with the flaking and helps to tone down some of the redness. The ZZ ointment especially can be very drying and irritating, and this seems to be helping to combat that a bit. Note: yellow staining will likely be left behind from the turmeric, use a cotton pad with an oil that agrees with your skin to avoid looking like you have jaundice!

Now THIS part might make me sound a little insane, but I've read from several different sources that while treating demodex on the face, they can migrate to other parts of the body and cause issues. To address this, I take a bath every other night with one cup of Epsom Salt and one cup of Borax. While in the bath I wash my hair with tea tree shampoo with a few drops of concentrated tea tree oil added in and leave it in for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing. I immediately follow my bath with my PM routine.

It is also extremely important to wash/replace your pillow case DAILY (I bought a bulk pack of large white tee shirts and use them as pillow cases, more convenient and cost effective). I also wash all of my bedding every other day in hot water and add a cup of borax.

That is about the extent of it. Please feel free to comment if you have any questions! I will do my best to respond to them quickly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment